PLAN YOUR BEST DYNAMICS 365 UPGRADE: GET YOUR REFERENCES
- Talking to a potential partner’s clients will give you a different perspective on your upcoming Dynamics 365 upgrade. Instead of reading the same canned case study or testimonial, you get to talk to someone face-to-face about their upgrade experience – the good and the bad.The bottom line is that all software upgrades are tricky. There is extensive planning required, test environments to be set up, code upgrades, data upgrades, any additional work relating to your modified applications objects (i.e. customizations) – not to mention your software solutions provider with the skills and experience to make or break the project. When you’re upgrading your software from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 for Operations, you still have to follow the same processes if you want your project to be completed on-time, on-budget, and in conformance with the original business intent.In order to understand your partner’s full capabilities to deliver the promised business outcome, you need to request references and ask the hard questions. The best way to keep the conversation on track and get the most out of your encounter is to prepare your questions in advance.Here are 5 questions to help you get started:
- What kind of working relationship do you have with the project managers, consultants, and technical support people?
- How did the solution provider address project and technical support challenges?
- Did they deliver everything promised in the project plan?
- Was the project delivered on-budget?
- Would you contract this solution provider in the future or refer them to another company?