SELECTING A MICROSOFT DYNAMICS 365 IMPLEMENTATION PARTNER: THE INTERVIEW
- Would you hire a babysitter or an employee over the phone before meeting them in person? The same goes for hiring a contractor – especially when it comes to Microsoft Dynamics 365 implementation and software upgrades.When moving from one version of software to the next with a new software solutions partner, there is always a lot of room for error. Every upgrade has its own unique set of processes and testing controls so you have to know that your partner can successfully deliver what they say they can. Before you ask for references or case studies, the first step is to interview the partner.Based on our own experience with Dynamics AX upgrades, we always recommend developing a standard set of interview questions that will help guide you in the interview and eventually help you compare software solution providers when the time comes. Scoring systems prevent any biases and are exceptionally helpful when you’re down to two or three vendors.Here are some of our favorite questions to ask that will help you get started:
- How many years of experience do you have working with Dynamics AX?
- Have you completed a successful project like this one?
- Can you describe your software development process?
- Why should I choose your firm over your competitors?
- When the project is complete, will we receive the source code and all related materials?