In the dynamic world of supply chain management, staying up-to-date with the latest innovations is crucial for businesses striving to optimize their operations. Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management introduces a range of new features that promise to reshape how organizations handle their supply chain processes.
In this initial article, we will focus on the following areas: Warehouse Management, Landed Cost, and Manufacturing & Asset Management. These updates are set to revolutionize how businesses handle their supply chain processes. Join us as we examine the significant advancements that Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management offers, setting the stage for a deeper exploration of their specifics in upcoming articles.
Overview – Warehouse Management
In the warehouse management module of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, notable updates include:
- Warehouse-specific inventory transactions framework change;
- New features for license plate labels and container labels, along with improved warehouse label printing;
- Feature enhancement for the mobile packing solution with module device container packing policies;
- Iterations on GS1 labeling for enhanced efficiency;
- Expanded compatibility of the Warehouse Management mobile app to iOS devices.
Furthermore, an umbrella of features named ‘Optimize Warehouse Management Implementation and Maintenance’ promises to streamline warehouse processes. Additionally, there’s a feature enhancement specific to transfer orders, enabling changes from the header level to the line level.
These updates empower businesses to boost warehouse efficiency and accuracy, making Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management a vital tool in today’s supply chain landscape.
Overview – Landed Cost
Moving on to the Landed Cost features within Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management:
- Create and Update Containers in Batch Processing Mode: This feature enables the asynchronous creation of containers for landed cost, freeing up user sessions from being tied up during the process.
- Split Cost Type Codes for Multiple Voyages in the Vendor Invoice Journal: Previously mentioned as preview features, these capabilities are now combined in this wave. They allow for efficient cost splitting for multiple voyages within the Vendor Invoice Journal.
In addition to the above, several new features are now available in preview:
- Performance Improvements for Post Receipt Function: Enhancements that optimize the post-receipt function to streamline operations;
- Post Landed Cost with Specified Posting Type and Account Value on Cost Type Code: This feature allows users to specify posting types and account values for landed costs on cost type codes, enhancing accuracy in accounting;
- Source Document and Accounting Distribution Support: A valuable addition that provides support for source documents and accounting distribution, making tracking and distribution of costs more accessible and transparent;
- Specify Goods in Transit Order When Receiving via Mobile Device: This feature enables users to specify goods in a transit order during the receiving process using a mobile device, simplifying inventory management on the go;
- Split Goods in Transit Order Quantity and Assign Batch/Serial Number When Receiving via Mobile Device: Another mobile device enhancement that allows the splitting of goods in transit order quantities and batch/serial number assignments, improving efficiency during the receiving process.
These Landed Cost features equip businesses with greater control, efficiency, and accuracy when dealing with landed cost calculations and inventory management.
Overview – Manufacturing & Asset Management
In the Manufacturing area of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, there are several noteworthy features:
Production Batch Balancing and Enhanced Onhand Grid Capability: These improvements ensure better control over production batches and enhance the onhand grid’s capabilities, leading to more efficient manufacturing processes.
Check Material Availability for Scheduled Operations: The production orders to release form, which was previously limited to jobs scheduled production orders, now supports all types of scheduled production orders. This enhancement streamlines the process of checking material availability, making it more versatile and user-friendly.
Gantt Chart Improvements and Performance: Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management introduces updates to Gantt charts, enhancing their usability and performance. These improvements facilitate better visualization and management of manufacturing processes.
In the realm of Asset Management, the primary feature is the introduction of a new Power App-based mobile experience. This mobile app empowers users with enhanced asset management capabilities, enabling them to efficiently track, manage, and maintain assets on the go.
These manufacturing and asset management updates further solidify Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management as a comprehensive solution that enhances productivity, visibility, and control over critical manufacturing and asset processes.